“Never let a client treat your employees badly and if such incident does occur fire the client immediately. It is of most importance that the clients you work with have cultures that naturally sync with yours. A sale is never worth the mistreatment of your employees.”
“Companies that listen to their customers will achieve higher retention rates than their competitors. The Voice of the customer can be acquired through surveys, social media, forums, et cetera. For better customer satisfaction, Listen to them!”
When utilizing the Voice of the Customer to glean insights don’t just target the customers that love you. When you take the time to really listen to the customers that hate you and turn their pains into solutions that is when you actually drive growth for your company.
Why target customers that hate you, you may ask? They have valuable insights on how your product or service can improve and can inspire you to create solutions that are currently not offered in the industry (first to market opportunities).
Companies that are customer focused stay on top of customer pains and actually listen to them. They take more meetings with customers and work to turn client requirements into products, services or solutions.
The questions are:
Why do you hate us and what can we do to change that?
What are we doing wrong?
What are your pains?
When you acquire the answers to these questions then you can brainstorm ideas for products, services or solutions that will solve these pains. As a customer focused company you can’t be afraid to ask the hard questions. By turning customers who hate you into customers that love you will not only increase your client base and revenue but also make your competitors run for their money.
1) Encourage suppliers and clients to re-use containers/boxes
2) Decrease lot sizes
3) Actively share demand forecast and inventory data with suppliers to ensure efficient purchasing and timely inventory replenishment
4) Develop a quality plan and actively (Quarterly checks) ensure supplier is meeting quality requirements by conducting an on-site visit
5) Use total cost method and mutually beneficial long term contracts to build strong partnerships with vendors
6) Integrate a customer service chat feature on your website
7)Utilize electronic billing